Welcome to the Fort Myer Education Center Webpage

The Fort Myer Education Center provides adult education opportunities and services for   active duty and reserve component soldiers. Adult family members, civilian employees,   and retirees are also welcome. Services include educational counseling, testing, college   programs, a Multi-use Learning Facility, and much more.

The Fort Myer Education Center is located in the Combined Operations Facility (COF), Building 417, located at 239 Sheridan Ave, at the intersection of Sheridan Avenue and Gorgas Road. We have offices on both the first and second floor. The Counseling Support Team is located in Room 216. If you are new to the building, please start there and they will get you where you need to go.


The Fort Myer Education Center also provides service for Pentagon Soldiers. For your convenience, an Army education counselor is also at the Air Force Pentagon Education Center, Room 1A934, on Mon: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m, Tues: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m, & Fri: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Fort Myer Education Center Hours of Operation

Counseling Services, Room 216, 7:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m. Monday-Friday (walk-in basis)
Phone numbers: 703-696-3178/1541/1653/1652/3070 and Fax: 703-696-0145

Testing Office, Room 116, by appointment, phone number: 703-696-9173

Multi-use Learning Facility, Room 112, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, phone 703-696-0198

College Representatives, Room 215, Hours vary by college, please contact the college
(contact info below)

Money for College:

Eligible Soldiers can receive tuition assistance (TA) to help pay for college courses. Please visit the education center or the GoArmyEd.com website, for the current TA policy. The GoArmyEd website, www.goarmyed.com, is the new way to request TA. GoArmyEd is a virtual gateway for Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime, for college courses.

The first step in getting TA is to create a GoArmyEd Account. Simply go to the webpage and click on the "New User" tab. Once you have created your account or if you have any questions about how to create an account, come by the education center to see a counselor. A counselor will help you complete your enrollment in GoArmyEd and to define your education goals.

Education counselors can provide information on other scholarships and financial aid.

Do you have general questions about your VA education benefits? Your education counselor can help you understand how your benefits will work. Information on Veterans Educational Benefits is also available on the VA Homepage.

On-Duty Classes: Do you need to raise your GT score for reclassification or a commissioning program? Do you need a basic skills refresher to help you perform your job better?

Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST) class may be perfect for you. This on-duty program, taught by an instructor, refreshes you on your reading and math skills and helps you get prepared to take the Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT) to try to improve your scores. Contact your education counselor for more information and the schedule of classes.

Another resource for refreshing your basic skills is a free online program called Peterson's Online Academic Skills Course (OASC). You can sign up to use this program at www.nelnetsolutions.com/dantes

Testing Office:

The testing office is located in Room 116 in Bldg 417. Testing is by appointment only. Please call 703- 696-9173 for more information or to schedule a test. The testing office offers Army Personnel Tests and some DANTES tests.

Army Personnel Tests include the Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT), Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPTs), Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB), and the Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT). For more information on Army Personnel Testing, please click here.-

The DANTES tests include the SAT and ACT college entrance tests.

Additional tests such as CLEPS and DSST's are offered through the National Testing Center (NTC) on Henderson Hall that is operated by Park University. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 703-525-7275 or email

Multi-use Learning Facility (MLF):

The MLF is located in Room 112. The MLF has computers for use and an extensive library of MOS and other study materials for loan. Itís a great place to study, take required online training, and prepare Army classes. The MLF is open from 7:30 a.m.- 3:45p.m. Monday through Friday.  If you would like more information, please call 703-696-0198.


Fort Myer College Programs

Several colleges have representatives at the Fort Myer Army Education Center (Rm. 215) for your convenience and many offer on-post classes.

Northern Virginia Community College offers two-year associate degrees, one-year certificates and short career studies certificates. NOVA offers options such as Administration of Justice, Engineering Technology, Security Management, Interior Design, Liberal Arts, and much more. For current hours of operation and more information, call the Fort Myer location at 703-527-5976. Please visit the NVCC website for more information on the classes taught at Fort Myer or Henderson Hall. You can find the current schedule of classes by clicking NVCC Campus wide Schedule

Park University offers baccalaureate programs in Information and Computer Science, Criminal Justice Administration, Management, Management/Human Resources, Management/Computer Information Systems, Management/Logistics, Management/Healthcare, Management/Marketing, and Social Psychology. For more information call (703) 527-5258 or email.  Hours are Monday-Friday, 07:30 a.m-4:00 p.m. For a current course schedule click here. To order books click here.  

Central Michigan University offers a Master of Science in Administration with concentrations in general administration, human resource administration, public administration, information resource management, Leadership, and Acquisitions Administration. For more information, phone (703) 525-4971 or email. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. and Friday by appointment. Click for a current course schedule. Click to order books

Old Dominion University offers a Master of Science Degree in Education with licensure for elementary, middle school, and secondary levels. Old Dominion also offers 51 online degree programs . For more information call (703) 875-0190 or email. Click link for a current course schedule.  Click this link to order books.

University of Maryland University College offers degrees in cybersecurity, computer networks and security, business administration and numerous other degrees that allow you to study anytime. Classes are offered every semester at the Fort Myer Education Center and online. Fort Myer hours of operation are Mondays, Wednesdays,  & Thursdays 7:30 a.m.to 4 p.m. For information call Sarah Pokorny at (703) 527-4952 (email sarah.pokorny@umuc.edu)

Other good things to know:

Outprocessing? If you are outprocessing due to retirement or ETS, you will need to bring the draft copy of your DD Form 214 (also referred to as a "DD214 worksheet") to receive counseling. We will provide your DA Form 669 Education Record. You will out-process in the Counseling Office, Room 216.

Are you planning on pursuing a college degree after you transition from the Army? We have an education transition counselor who can help you set up your plan. It is never too early to start. Call 703-696-3071 to make an appointment.

Joint Services Transcript (JST): Do you want to see a transcript of your military courses and the college credit recommended by the American Council on Education? You can print or order your Joint Services Transcript at JST. 

The Army Continuing Education System (ACES) home page contains a wide variety of information of interest to soldiers.

Would you like an undergraduate degree plan with maximum flexibility?   Check out the Service Members Opportunity Colleges. Spouses are also eligible.

The Army has partnered with several colleges to create degree programs that mesh very closely with a military MOS. These degree programs can greatly shorten the time it takes to get a degree. For more information, check out Army Career Degree Programs: MOS-Related Degree Builders

The Department of Education's College Navigator is a great tool for comparing colleges. Check it out at National Center for Education Statistics

Check out DOL's Occupational Outlook Handbook to understand what various types of workers do, training and education needed, and job prospects for the present/future.

"Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation."

                       John F. Kennedy

Contact your education counselor today!

For further information or comments, contact the Education Center,or click here to e-mail FORT MYER EDUCATION CENTER (usarmy.jbmhh.asa.mbx.education-center@mail.mil)

Back to JBM-HH Home Page